Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wallpaper Anywhere & Everywhere

Every once in awhile, I feel compelled to write a pro-wallpaper post. What can I say, I love the look of bold wallpaper, and I think it's unfortunate that so many people won't use wallpaper out of fear. Please don't be afraid any longer. Times have changed, wallpaper can be used in any room, and new papers are easy to install and remove, so live it up a little!!

Check out these images, all with gorgeous wallpapers, all taken from issues of Rue, High Gloss and Lonny online magazines.

Master Bedroom
Ashley Putman, Lonny Mag Issue 4


Master Bedroom
Nicole Cohen, Rue Magazine Issue 3


Guestroom
Laura Day, Lonny Mag Issue 4


Nursery
Nicole Cohen, Rue Magazine Issue 3


Bathroom
Trip Haenisch, Lonny Mag Issue 9


Powder Room
Victoria Thompson, Lonny Mag Issue 3


Dining Room
Eileen Boyd, Lonny Mag Issue 8


Hallway
Lulu De Kwiatkowski, Lonny Mag Issue 7


Kitchen
Ryan Korban, Lonny Mag Issue 3


Open Shelf Backdrop
Jaime Mears, High Gloss Mag Premier Issue


Entryway
Sally Wheat, High Gloss Mag Premier Issue


Fitting Room
Kate Spade New York, Lonny Mag Issue 2


Go for it!! Be Bold!! Take the Dare!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, it's not wallpapering that fills me with fear,it's the wallpaper price! To get really nice paper it seems you need to pay the big bucks. Having said that I did get a couple rolls of damask from HD but that is rare. I love the look of wallpaper and have it in my home but because of the high costs of what attracts me I'm going to move onto stencilling, much cheaper and you don;t have to remove it just paint over it!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of wallpaper but choosing one is the hard part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm singing the same song, Pam! Wallpaper is a perfect way to really personalize your home. There are so many choices and style ideas that you can really make a room take on your personality. It's also great to use on smaller projects if a wall or a room is just too much. Keep talking, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these wallpapers you posted here! many of them are my personal favourites. Love to use them all ... but sadly I only have a 750 sq ft. condo.

    I've been thinking of wallpapering one wall in my bedroom... and I think I will use the large scale pasley from Cole and Son (the grey and white one you showed here) or two other backup options.

    Also agree that these wallpapers are expensive! I did one wall in my dining room from a paper from Osbourne and Little. It looked fantastic but it also qualifies as a small "investment" after installation.

    http://designmaze-tim.blogspot.com/2010/12/condo-makeover-christmas-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like lots of others, I think I've got "Post Traumatic Wallpaper Disorder' from past experiences with trying to remove horrible wallpaper! But I'm really warming up to the idea of using it....and you're right, the new patterns are amazing! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finishing our basement and my daughter wants a white room with an accent wall that has bold white and black wallpaper. (she's 13-too much HGTV!) We've looked around but I haven't found a great source for wallpaper. Any suggestions around the GTA or online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,
    I would recommend trying Ontario Paint and Wallpaper at 299 Queen Street East - they have an extensive selection.
    For online info, try this link:
    http://www.primetimepaint.ca/wallpaper-products-crown-wallpapers-and-fabric.php

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)