Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Visit to Southworks

Even when I'm not looking to make a purchase, it gives me great pleasure just to look at pretty things. For me, a trip to an antique shop is akin to a trip to the museum (only with the added bonus that if I happen to see something I really like, there is always the option of taking it home). This weekend I spent several lovely hours wandering the vendor booths at Southworks in Cambridge - 30,000 square feet of vintage and antique goodness!! I could have brought home so many things, but alas, I took only photos. Enjoy!!

Coral Sadler Urn


McCoy Pink Swan Vase


Pale Pink Milk Glass Cornucopia


Royal Doulton Tulip Vase


Chenille Pillows


Carlton Ware Candy Dish & Vase


Retro Coffee Pot


Turquoise Frosted Glass


Paragon Teacup & Saucer


Peacock Wall Hanging


Footed Green Bowl


Pair of Black Pheasants


Pistachio Vintage Radio


All photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto

6 comments:

  1. Such restraint not buying anything Pam! I would have taken home the triangle teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam!!! Thought u are supposed to take me with you!! So jealous and I was in waterloo over the weekend and could have just joined you :)

    Love the peacock wall hanging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a place to spend a rainy afternoon! And it's only an hour drive from my smalltown home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this place! It's near where I live. I really like the Turquoise Frosted Glass bowl, I might have to head over and see it in person! xoxo R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, how did I not know about this?? Was there lots of my kind of stuff? Must go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lia There were a lot of lamps that I noticed from the 60's, among others. There is definitely something for everyone at Southworks!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)