Monday, January 2, 2012

The UnBlogged

Posts here on Cherish Toronto were very sparse during the month of December, and although I could use the holidays as an excuse, I think it was more a case of blog fatigue. Some days it's tough to come up with something that readers will find interesting. Today I've compiled a post of a few of the little things that I've been up to during the past while.

In late November my sister and I attended the One of a Kind Christmas Show & Sale. In what can only be described as a Christmas miracle, I actually went home with money in my pocket. The one thing I couldn't resist was this sweet Mountain Peaks mini basket from Alison Lovell:


In early December, I entered a giveaway on the Style at Home blog for a Panasonic Lumix Camera prize pack, and I actually won!!!!!! Hopefully this will lead to even better photos on the old bloggy blog:


One of my favourite past times is thrifting. Frequent visits to my local haunts Value Village, Goodwill & the Thrift Store have turned up some pretty awesome finds recently:

Vintage Cream & Sugar Set ($3.00)


Ornate Dart Mirror ($19.99)


Jan Korthals Cityscapes, 1965 ($15.00/pr)


Westminster, London


Tower Bridge, London


Vintage Vinyl Covered Footstool ($4.99)


I passed the little footstool over to Staci at Switch Studio,
and she recovered it with a neutral foil printed linen:


And of course, there were great Christmas gifts!! My Mom spoiled me this year with a fabulous footed glass bowl, and Celerie Kemble's latest tome, Black & White.


It's been great catching up!! See you back here tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam

    Looks like even though you've not been blogging as much, you've still been busy.

    Love the prints you picked up at Value Village. I miss having one in this small town. That and a HomeSense and I am one happy girl. But, alas, it's an hour drive to any of those. Oh well, there's always the antique stores of which we have many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet zig zag basket, loving the pink... wow you won the camera! amazing
    the foot stool looks wonderful, i can see that mirror turned in to a blackboard for some reason, the art is nice,good find
    i saw that book yesterday, is it worth buying? i am only working with one hand (broke my wrist before xmas so i'm still in a cast) so i saw the design*sponge book and stopped looking & when to the cash... it's worth buying! and it was on sale so i saved 12.00...
    i have decided everyones 2012 will be the best year ever, so enjoy the next 12 months, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi camdesign,
    I bought the Design*Sponge book back in October, and it's full of unique design ideas. I have already read Black & White, and there are some great inspirational photos, plus I love that both Eddie Ross & Thomas Smythe are featured in the book.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)