Sunday, January 29, 2012

Highlights of IDS: Fave Booths to Visit

Obviously, these highlights are strictly my opinion, but if I were you, I wouldn't want to miss any of these booths. Toronto's Interior Design show is massive, filling the entire upper floor of the North Convention Centre, and it took four hours of walking to cover it all. If you find your energy waning, at least try to make it to these show highlights:

BY_Lissoni Lounge,
Created by Piero Lissoni, Italian Architect and Designer
IDS 2012 International Guest of Honour
Such a comfortable and bright space to unwind!!


Link

The renowned designer, Piero Lissoni


Taylor Hannah Architect
I wish I had more information about this amazing small
space, which includes areas for entertaining, eating,
sleeping, and bathing - all within 480 square feet!!


Yes - that is a framed television screen above the bed.
When not in use, it looks like a mirror - so cool!!




LOOOOVE this unique backsplash!!!!


You can't miss the Andrew Richard Designs booth at the
centre of the show floor. No, really, it's impossible to
miss the bright, fresh and happy colour palette
of this year's outdoor furniture collection.




I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew Richard at Thursday's
media preview. He told me that the inspiration for the
entire colour palette came from a single striped fabric.
Great collection, Andrew!!


Last, but certainly not least, the Elte booth is a must see!!
It's beyond gorgeous, full of inspiration, and the
recycled Saree rugs are the most beautiful I've ever seen.






Can you say OMG over and over again until your mind
explodes? These recycled saree rugs have pretty much
the same effect. I just can't get over these beauties!!




If you hurry, you can still head down to IDS this afternoon at the Metro Convention Centre (north building). If I were you I would run there now!!

All photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto.

6 comments:

  1. The Lissoni Lounge was by far my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! I just wanted to say thank you for not only including Elte as one of your Five Favourite Booths at IDS this year but really just for stopping by and chatting. I had such an amazing at the show this year and I'm so happy I got to see you. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you once again. We uploaded photos of our booth on Facebook so be sure to check that out (www.facebook.com/elte). All the best and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, your photos are awesome! Where was the shower in the 480sq ft THA space? I couldn't find it anywhere. Loved the Elte booth and the saree rugs too. The Living Lighting vignette with the cowhide sofa & huge chandelier and the Bloomsbury kitchen were some of my other favourites.

    I've added a link to your IDS post to my IDS post. Hope you don't mind - I thought it would be a good way to relive the show through each others blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and it was great to see you again at the meetup on Saturday :-) Sorry we didn't have more time to talk - hopefully at a future meetup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelly,
    No shower in the space, but there was a full size bathtub. And I agree with you, the Bloomsbury kitchen was absolutely 100% gorgeous!!
    Thanks for adding the link, much appreciated. There is never enough time to really sit down and talk at these meetups, but I know we'll see each other again soon. Hope you can make it back to TO for the next BlogPodium in May :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos! I blogged about IDS12 too, and it is so fun to see what I liked that others liked too, as well as the things I didn't even notice that really caught someone else's eye.

    I attended BlogPodium also, but didn't get a chance to meet you, so I just popped over to say "hi" and take a look around. Your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)