Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tying It All Together

When I added mouldings to the walls in my new condo's dining and living spaces, it added much neeced character to what was previously a blank slate. For my next trick, I'll be attempting to link the two spaces to the open concept kitchen. Because the kitchen, dining and living room are all open to each other, the kitchen now feels more modern than the traditional vibe going on in the adjacent spaces. I think that swapping out the standard satin nickel pulls (used in every condominium kitchen since 2005) for unique hardware in a brass finish will go a long way towards tying the spaces together.

Here's where this trick gets trickier: finding stylish brass pulls that won't rob me of my next vacation. I'm looking for something like these modern pulls in a satin brass from Cheshire Hardware in the UK. Unfortunately these don't come in the size I need, and at about $70 each, they're slightly out of my price range (I need 29 pulls, you do the math). Despite all that, these are just what I'm looking for!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)