Sunday, May 24, 2009

Christie Antiques Show

Today was a perfect spring day here in South Western Ontario!! The afternoon brought bright sunny skies to the region as I traveled 45 minutes west of Toronto to Dundas, Ontario for the Christie Antiques Show. I rolled into the Christie Conservation Area just before noon, on the hunt for a few specific items, but ready to scoop up any good deals on eye catching pieces.

Here is the show field layout, I would estimate there were approximately 300 vendors:


It's hard to capture the scope of the show in photos. Just to give you an idea of the size, consider that I spent 4 hours wandering up and down each aisle, stopping only briefly for refreshment.


This vendor featured Bakelite & Fire King, among others, in MINT condition:


This booth was full of sparkling glassware:


The vendor was asking $45 for the woman with the full skirt:


This is my favourite kind of booth, an eclectic mix:


Aren't these interesting lamps - they'd make great conversation pieces:


A nice mix of glassware & transferware:


See anyone you recognize in this photo?
It's Sarah Richardson & Tommy Smythe,
hard at work on an upcoming project.


By 4 pm, I was starting to fade as I finished browsing the last few booths at the opposite end of the field - time to call it a day.

This was my one & only purchase:


Does the vase look familiar? It's the same vase I featured in this blog about online shopping back in January. The vase is still available on ebay for $100 USD, you can check it out here: Hand Painted & Gilt Victorian Long Neck Vase.
I paid $24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)