Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rug Rehab



Once I started looking at rugs, learning about how they were made and the effort goes into creating a hand knotted pattern, I became a bit of an addict. Rugs truly are an art form which I have come to appreciate, but it's gotten to the point where I have to be cut off from purchasing any more. I bought my last rug a few weeks ago - a 2'x3' wool Hamadan which I found at Karakashian Rug Gallery at Bay & Yorkville. At $125, it was such a good deal that I just couldn't resist and the gentlemen at the store were so nice that I was more than happy to make a purchase. Karakashian will be closing soon, so if you're looking for a rug at a great price, it's worth paying them a visit!!


After deciding that the size of the ebay rug was fine to use at the front door I needed to find one for in front of the kitchen sink, and this pretty in pink little number was just right for the space. Such a beauty!!

 
In comparison, these Hamadan rugs from Ikea are lovely, but these are a bit smaller and not as unique. In a stunning turn of events, at $149, they're actually more expensive than the rug from Karakashian.

 

Gotta run - I'm off to rug rehab ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)