Monday, March 18, 2013

Wallpaper Woes

Sooooo...the wallpaper didn't really work out this weekend. Total bust. I prepped the wall, pre-cut seven strips of paper, applied the paste, "booked" it, waited 5 minutes and put up the first strip. It was all going so well...


...Until I tried to trim the edges. Blurggghhh. The brand new blade tore the paper. No big deal, it's at the bottom and it won't show, I'll snap the blade and try again. Total mess. It was so bad and so unfixable that I tore the sheet down, rolled it into a ball and jammed it into the garbage.  Then I cried (this happens on a lot of my DIY projects). I decided right then and there to call a professional. Needless to say there won't be a room reveal this week :-(

Here's how I cheered myself up: retail therapy. I hit up Southworks Antiques on Sunday afternoon and I found some great deals, including a Royal Doulton tulip vase designed in 1982 by Gerald Gulotta. It looks so pretty sitting on my coffee table alongside the Jill Rosenwald vase I received as a birthday gift.


Fingers crossed I can get a professional wallpaper hanger to come in this week or next so that I can put the guest room back together before Easter. My busy season at work starts April 1st, so the sooner the better!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about that - calling in a pro sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    Jenny
    Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have had wallpaper nightmare toos...don't worry a pro will make it better! love your vases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying is my DYI default! No shame in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your honesty. Sometimes crying is the only thing that sets us on to Plan B. You scored with the vase and it was all because of bad wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)