Saturday, December 7, 2013

One of a Kind Show Favourites

I attend the Christmas One of a Kind Show in Toronto just about every year, and this year was another great event. Last Sunday my sister and I hit the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place and walked the show floor for oh, about 5 hours. There was so much to see that we never wavered, and only sat down for a quick lunch at the halfway point. The show continues until Sunday, December 8th, so if your schedule allows, you should absolutely head downtown to check it out.

I always stop to see what Avril Loreti and Jenna Fenwick (Jenna Rose) have in store; they are both amazing young talents creating the most wonderful textile designs. The One of a Kind Show is one of the best places to pick up unique items to give as gifts, but of course I always manage to find a little something for myself ;) The show's Rising Star section features brand new artisans, and that is where I met the lovely Meghan & Rebecca of Calico Studio. These girls were awesome to speak with and I totally fell in love with their hand painted wool crepe de chine wraps with hand felted edges - so much work, but oh so beautiful!!

It was also in the Rising Star area where I discovered Akai Ceramic Studio. They have the sweetest handmade ceramic pieces, the K Bowl first caught my eye, but I really couldn't help myself when I spotted the pink mini vase. I knew it would look so cute on my bedside table, and it totally does!! I mean have you ever...




Akai Ceramic Studio has an Etsy shop, or if you'd like to pick up a little something as a Christmas gift without the worry of shipping, they will be at the CBC Charity Craft Sale on December 12th and at the Let It Snow Craft Fair in The Annex on December 14th.

Happy Shopping!!

All photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto.

2 comments:

  1. That Vase is soooo cute! I went to the show a couple of years ago with 5 friends. You are so right..It was awesome. So many fantastic things to see. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela! It was lovely meeting with you as well! We will be at the spring show as well, see you there I hope! X R&M

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)