Sunday, October 25, 2009

Project Recovery

They may not look all that glamorous now, but just wait until I get finished with this set of 5 shield back chairs which I discovered by chance at Captain's Treasures this past Saturday:


Photo courtesy of CaptainsTreasures.biz

The plan is to sand the wood and paint it white, then recover the seat cushions in a new fabric. Everyone's doing it - check these fine examples:

The dining table in Sarah's House Season 1 featured a set of 4 antique chairs painted a dove grey with seats recovered in a modern tonal print.


Photos courtesy of sarahrichardsondesign.com

Earlier this year, Eddie Ross updated a set of two upholstered seat shield back chairs which he found at Goodwill:

Before


After

Photos courtesy of EddieRoss.com

If my project turns out as well as these I'll be a happy girl!! Just give me a few months to work on this one - I have no idea where I'll be doing the messy sanding and painting.

Coming soon to Craigslist: Set of 4 White Ikea Gilbert chairs, gently used!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)