Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nautica at The Bay

As I was snapping up bargains left, right and centre yesterday, I managed to pause on the 5th floor of The Hudson Bay Company's flagship store at Queen and Yonge to check out some of the new furniture lines being featured. I was pleasantly surprised by two new collections from Nautica with sophisticated and clean, modern lines. For a traditional decor, the Henderson Collection features pieces constructed from Beech solids and Ash veneers with Antique Bronze accents. For a more contemporary decor, the Governor's Island Collection uses Beech with South American White Mahagony veneers and polished nickel hardware. Both collections are well priced, extremely visually appealing and they make me want to redecorate right away!!







6 comments:

  1. it looks great, I actually bought it, and now (sigh) the top layer of the plywood of the drawer base is "cracking". First it took months to deliver the set, came in at different times, missed shipping deadlines, quite the nightmare. The Customer Service located in India have not idea where or how to deal with things, had to wait on the phone for ages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad!! If you have experienced these problems I would definitely suggest going directly to The Bay and speaking to a customer service representative in person. I am sure they will remedy your situation, particularly if there is a warranty. Sometimes it takes a lot of patience dealing with large companies, since the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem with plywood cracking, they exchanged the piece now the bonding is coming off looks can be deceiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same problem - all the veneer which was supposed to be solid wood is cracking and falling off. Very poor quality - same issues with customer service and delivery. I had replaced a cheap pine wood set which was in pristine condition after many years compared to this rather poor quality product which is so expensive! I have now placed a complaint with the BBB.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)