At one time, the Gooderham Fountain was located near the horticulture building at the western end of Exhibition Place, and was a popular spot to meet up with family and friends during a visit to the Canadian National Exhibition. In 1958, Princess Margaret officially opened a new modernist style fountain, created by Toronto's Design Craft, which stood in place of the original. That fountain was named the Princess Margaret Fountain, and it remains in operation to this day. Isn't she a beauty?
Photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto.