Sunday, March 4, 2012

DIY Week & Weekend

Despite the fact that I frequently get frustrated by DIY projects, I'm working on several little things right now - this past week has seen a lot of sanding, painting and staining. First off, I'm painting a couple of thrifted mirrors for a store window display (check the store's Facebook page for sneak peeks). Stage one is priming and then they will each get a coat of trendy neon paint:


Also in the spray paint category, I'm working on a little metal table with pretty fretwork. It's primed, but I'm having a hard time finding Rustoleum brass paint...so far I've been to two Home Depots, Rona & Walmart with no luck :-(


Lastly, I'm sanding and staining the legs of my slipper chairs. I'm not a fan of the current orange finish, so I'm going to stain the wood a lovely dark walnut. I've sanded down the first four, and I'm hoping to finish this up tomorrow afternoon. Here's a shot of the work in progress:


What are you up to this weekend? Any DIY projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)