Sunday, June 16, 2013

Creating Comfort in the Guest Bath

When asked about my decision to move 15 minutes outside of downtown Toronto, my answer is twofold. Reason one is that I'm closer to work, so I can catch a few extra minutes of zzzzz's in the morning. The second, more important factor, is the affordability of a two bedroom condo here in Eatonville. Having a second bedroom means that the door is always open for guests (within reason, of course).

The second bedroom has been ready for guests for a few months, and I have added just a few small touches to the main bathroom to make an overnight stay as comfortable as possible for friends & family.


I upgraded to french vanilla marble floors in the guest bath, and I thought that the best way to show them off would be to keep the textiles in the room monochromatic. I chose this Indian block print shower curtain from HomeSense ($19.99!) because it coordinates perfectly with the floor.


The colours in the accessories are soft, including this cherub wall pocket which I found at an antique market in Fenelon Falls a few years ago. A simple touch like this and the vintage gold birds on the wall above the toilet (pictured above) keep the monochromatic scheme from being too boring.


I was super excited when I found out that the developer installed Delta faucets throughout the condo. The brand is known for its quality and Masco Corporation is a great company to work with; they are very supportive of design bloggers.


For the comfort of guests, I have tried to cover all the bases by providing extra towels, facecloths, tissue and toiletries under the sink. Instead of just throwing it all in a pile, I found a great reversible fabric basket at HomeSense ($12.99!), and rolled the towels up inside.


Call for your guest reservation soon!!

2 comments:

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)