Thursday, June 13, 2013

What's in a View?

I grew up in my parents' home, a comfortable 3 bedroom bungalow in the Kawarthas with a view of Chemong Lake, and I remained there until moving out at the tender age of 21. My first apartment was a basement rental in Kingston, Ontario, where I lived for about 6 months before being transferred to Toronto. My sister and I shared the top floor of a triplex overlooking Davenport Road for several years until she bought her own place and I rented a tiny condo at King & Bathurst. The bachelor unit was tucked into a corner on the 9th floor, and was the first time I had lived more than 30 feet above terra firma. From there I purchased and relocated to my first home, a second floor condominium with a pleasant view of the courtyard.

When it came time to purchase my current home, I spent a considerable amount of time weighing a list of factors including the suite's orientation and potential view before making a final decision. I don't think I realized just how much I would enjoy the view from up here on the 20th floor. I have always asked in the past, "Is a good view really that important? Does anyone actually spend time just sitting around staring out the window?" 

Well as it turns out, a good view is really important and as a matter of fact I do spend a lot of time staring out the window. Case in point:


I love it up here :)

Photo by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! what a great shot! What part of TO are you in? I am down in the waterfront and I have a lakeview :) though I often spend more time watching the cars and ppl navigate my crazy intersection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey,
      I'm in Etobixoke and my suite faces east towards downtown and north towards the airport. Basically I can see Etobicoke, Mississauga and Toronto from my living room.

      Delete
  2. Great view! For a moment I thought this was Scenic in Eglinton project facing the Sunnybrook Park near the DVP. Your suite layout is very very similar to the one we picked. We have a rental property there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - What a lovely view, and great shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)