Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seeking Armchair $20 or Less?

I have a good imagination. My mind's eye can see how a room will look finished, even when it's completely empty and void of all personality. But one thing I do have trouble with is mentally converting a "vintage" (aka crappy) piece of furniture into a beautiful new heirloom piece. But it's been done time and time again, and the results never cease to amaze me!!

Here are a few inspirational furniture makeover projects completed by my style hero, Eddie Ross:









As you may recall, I'm in the market for a single armchair to tuck into the living room, which can also be pulled up to the dinner table. I have checked several shops, and it seems the chair I have in mind runs about $700 once sprayed white and upholstered in a custom fabric. Seriously????? For one chair?????? I'm determined to complete a DIY makeover...now I just need to find the right chair...

HGTV Shoestring Makeover Feature

BEFORE
($9 Value Village)


AFTER

A Craftster.org Makeover

BEFORE
($4.99 Thrift Store)


AFTER


For those who can afford professional reupholstering:



AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)