Monday, October 29, 2012

Been There, Seen That: Paris Edition

 The view from my hotel room.

I'm home...did you miss me? Paris was ahh-mazing!! I did a lot, a lot, a lot of walking through the city, so much that I almost wore a hole through the sole of my ballet flats, but it was worth every step. I saw all of the sights I had on my list of "must see places" and them some. I realized that my french is totally pathetic, but that it's good enough to place an order in a restaurant and conduct simple retail transactions.

Everything was so picturesque in Paris, from the charming apartment buildings to the numerous brasseries and cafes lining the streets of the St. Germain district.  I had an amazing experience, soaking in the atmosphere of the modern Parisian lifestyle, while at the same time surrounded by centuries of history. What an amazing trip, highly recommended!!

 Brasserie Le Saint-Germain

 


La Tour Eiffel, completed 1889

 
Arc de Triomphe, completed 1836

 
Musee du Louvre
 
Notre Dame, completed 1345


 
 Place de la Concorde. The fountains were stunning!

 Pont Alexandre III



 Basilica du Sacre-Coeur, completed 1914

  
 Steps in Montmarte
 Fontaine Saint-Sulpice, completed 1848

 Mercury Riding Pegasus, Antoine Coysevox

Jardin des Tuileries


 Jardin du Luxembourg


All photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhg! I'm so jealous. I love love love Paris. Your lovely photos bring back so many memories of my honeymoon there. Glad you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow....its been well over 10 years for me... i must go back for visit, your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)