Please feel free to use this floorplan as your guide for visualization purposes:
Here is the pertinent information you will need before casting your vote:
- Flooring throughout the entry, kitchen, dining and living room areas in the new condo will be a dark walnut.
- Kitchen cabinetry will also be walnut surround, with BM Cloud White door fronts.
- The neighbouring dining room will have a glossy white sideboard with glass top table and white chairs (these could be painted & recovered in a new fabric).
- The dining room accent wall will be painted a punchy colour such as marine blue. Ideally, the shade will be chosen from a colour in the rug.
- Living room furniture will include the existing chocolate brown couch, two beige linen slipper chairs and round smoked glass top coffee table.
- A vintage campaign dresser will be used as entertainment unit and painted with a colour also pulled from the rug.
Here are the three contenders:
Let me know in the comments below whether you like, Rug 1, Rug 2, or Rug 3... And if you don't like any of these, you can tell me that too, since there's still time to go back to the drawing board. I really appreciate your feedback on this one, readers!! I never thought this would be soooo difficult :-(
EDIT: Thanks to all of you who voted by leaving a comment here, via twitter or via email. The scrutineers have finished counting the ballots, and the winner is RUG #1 (for those who are really curious, Rug #3 came second, followed by Rug #4 (the nonexistent choice), with Rug #2 bringing up the rear. To find out which rug I chose (if any) you'll have to wait for the big living room reveal coming up in just 2 short months.