Thursday, February 6, 2014

What's Brewing for February...

Today I just thought I'd wrangle together a few thoughts about what projects are currently in the works. Hot on the heels of adding character to the dining room wall, I've been trimming out the main wall in the living room. As a matter of fact the wall is ready for paint and I'm currently trying to psyche myself up for that final step. If all goes well, this project will be completed by the end of the weekend. Stay tuned...


Last week I talked about my latest Kijiji score (a fabulous 1970's chrome dining set) and soon I'll be on the hunt for a few yards of golden/saffron/mustard yellow velvet to recover the chair seats & backs. I'm thinking this is just about the perfect shade:

Above image via.

There is one more project in the works too. A few weeks ago I found this pair of stools for the breakfast bar at Around the Block consignment shop:


^^They're interesting...right? I've been looking for a pair of stools for quite some time, with a strict criteria - the "right pair" needed to have backs for good posture & comfort, they needed to be counter height (not bar height) and they needed to be in my (low) price range. Et Voila! These babies met the criteria, although I know they'll require a little nip & tuck to update them.

I'm considering a fresh coat of white paint paired with this Dwell Studio 'Ming Dragon' fabric from Tonic Living:


Only three projects on the go right now!! And just when I thought I was getting close to the finish line.

Is it ever really done?

6 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration and a dynamo. I feel quite lazy with all my neglected projects. Isn't it wonderful when you make a furniture find? Looking forward to the re-dos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret!! It's so true - a great (and inexpensive) find is always cause for celebration :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE what you did with your walls and your other projects look fantastic. Loving your fabric choices, Pam! I can't wait to see how it all comes together :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy!! I'm excited to see how it all turns out as well ;) I hope it's as good IRL as I imagine it.

      Delete
  3. The living room wall looks amazing, did you do it yourself? The stools are fab & in the Ming Dragon fabric I think they will be stunners for sure.
    Happy Painting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Hollie!! I did do it all myself, which is why it's a bit of a long process, but I'm proud of what I've been able to do. Not sure if I'll get around to painting this weekend - feeling lazy :(

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)