Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Decorative Accessory: Urns

Homesense has recently stocked up on spring inventory, a clear indication that it's time to start thinking about the upcoming season. I found this pair of bright lemon yellow urns at The Queensway location, and they immediately made me think of sunny weather:


I fell in love with these two at first sight, but I had to consider how I could use them in my condo. One of the classic ways to use a pair of urns is to flank the front entry door such as pictured here at 16 Belmont Street, Toronto:


Sarah Richardson used a giant pair of green ceramic urns to welcome guests to the home she renovated for Sarah's House Season 2:


I like the way Tobi Fairley used a pair of white urns from Williams Sonoma to create symmetry on this fireplace mantle:


Designer Kelly Wearstler chose to set two large urns on end tables rather than use an expected pair of table lamps:


J. Randall Powers creates a mirror image in this entry hall using two round pedestal urns as planters:


These beautiful lidded urns are too large to sit atop the mantle, so Hal Williamson highlights the pair by elevating them on console tables flanking the fireplace:


Rebecca Thuss uses urns filled with Lily of the Valley in this simple tablescape. A beautiful alternative to cut flowers in vases:


A creative stylist at Woman's Day magazine turned these simple urns into unique candle holders:


How will I use my new urns? You'll have to wait until spring to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)