Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Building a Portfolio

With a potential design job on the horizon, my friend Jackie and I realized that we would need to develop a portfolio based on the work we've done in our own homes. Since professional photographs convey the beauty of a space far better than an amateur snapshot, we called upon friend and photographer Tiro Swaby. I had no idea how much time & effort it takes to get the images just right, but after 2 marathon sessions, it's still a work in progress.

Here's what I've learned so far:
If the first 3 rules of real estate are Location, Location, Location, then the first 3 rules of photography are Lighting, Lighting, Lighting.


Behind the Scenes Mess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)