Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New At Ikea - My Faves

The 2010 Ikea catalogue arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago, and I finally had the chance to browse through it today - it's always interesting to see what new items the designers have come up with. I'm not endorsing top to bottom Ikea decor, but I will admit that sometimes the pieces just "work".

In my home I have three key Ikea pieces - an Bjursta sideboard in my living room which I use as an entertainment unit, along with an Expedit bookcase for open display, plus I have a Torsby sideboard in my kitchen to store large items. For me, that's enough Ikea for one home, however, every season there are some fun & fresh accessories. Below are my favourites from the new catalogue.

Small Lack Shelf


This shelf is just 11 3/4" (30 cm) wide which makes it perfect for display in small spaces. I can imagine using three shelves vertically, and placing a single sculptural piece on each shelf. Available in red, black or white and only $6.99 each!!

Grapefrukt Planter


Technically designed for use as a planter, this vessel could also be used on a kitchen counter to hold cooking utensils. Also available in red, black or white and priced at $7.99 each.

Savern Bathroom Series


Hanger, $4.99/pkg of 2


Toilet Roll Holder, $14.99

Towel Holder, $12.99

This bathroom series is chrome plated, and includes eight co-ordinating accessories - these three pieces are my favourites. I love the sleek, modern design and the price points are totally affordable.

Check out all of Ikea's New products here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)